What is Nasolabial Filler?
Nasolabial folds are also known as laugh lines. They appear deeper as we age because of sagging and volume loss. Fillers for nasolabial lines (laugh lines) replenish volume and stimulate collagen production, minimising the appearance of facial lines, wrinkles, and folds that accompany our smiles to look more youthful.
What substances are used for Nasolabial Filler?
- Hyaluronic acid fillers should be used in nasolabial folds treatment.
- Hyaluronic acid is a substance that exists naturally in our body, so it can be safely applied.
- These fillers have no risk of allergy and no risk of infection.
- Dr Elif always prefers FDA approved products for all procedures.
Nasolabial Filler Process:
- The nasolabial region is cleaned with an antiseptic solution.
- A single entry point is punctured with a needle. The cannula which is blunt-needle proceeds from this entry point.
- The cannula is passed through the tissues and reach to the nasolabial fold area.
- The filler is placed in this area.
- There is no pain during the procedure.
- Nasolabial Filler treatment is simple and easy.
- The effect will be seen immediately after the treatment but you should wait two or three weeks to see the final result.
When can I return daily life after Nasolabial Filler Treatment?
Nasolabial Filler Treatment takes approximately 15 minutes and it is immediately returned to daily life after the procedure.
Is there any bruising after Nasolabial Filler Treatment?
Bleeding and bruising do not occur when nasolabial filler treatment is performed by using a cannula which is a blunt and special needle.
Will there be swelling on my face after Nasolabial Filler treatment?
Slight swelling may occur one day after the treatment. However, this swelling decreases within 3-5 days.
How long does Nasolabial Filler take to settle?
The final result is seen after 2- 3 weeks.
How long do the Nasolabial Fillers last?
The nasolabial fillers last 12-18 months. The persistence of fillers is prolonged in persons who regularly perform this procedure.
6 Steps of Your Nasolabial Filler Journey with Dr Elif:
1. Read the information carefully on this page.
2. Scroll down to book your appointment.
3. Appointment details will be sent via e-mail after booking your appointment.
4. We will send you a reminder email 24 hours before your treatment to remind your appointment.
5. After having your treatment, your post-treatment care is followed by Dr Elif.
6. You are in safe hands! Enjoy your new look!
Nasolabial Filler Treatment Post-injection Aftercare:
Following your nasolabial filler injections treatment, there is advice to adhere to that will help optimise the results of your treatment.
- Avoid touching the area for at least 6 hours. Then the area can be gently washed with water. If the area is tender, apply some ice-covered in cloth to the treatment site.
- Drink lots of water as tear trough filler holds 1000x its own weight in water and this will soften and settle the product.
- Do not engage in any strenuous exercise straight after the treatment (24 hours recommend)
- Avoid the heat (hot baths, showers) along with the sun as this will reduce the persistence of the product.
- MASSAGE, MASSAGE, MASSAGE !.. The following day begins to massage the area using technique shown by Dr Elif to ensure no lumps form. If you do find any lumps, massage the area with firm pressure until the lump has softened and disappeared. Repeat this for up to a week.
- Do not apply to make up for a minimum of 8 hours. This can risk infection in the injected area.
- No sunbeds for 3 days after treatment as this can breakdown the filler.
- Avoid painkiller and blood thinners after the treatment because this thins the blood and increases bruising.
- Avoid flying for 24 hours.
- Avoid dental treatment for 24 hours.
Nasolabial Filler 1ml …………………………………………………£300
Nasolabial Filler 2 ml …………………………………………………£550