What is Anti-wrinkle Injection?
Forehead, crows feet (around the eyes), frown lines (between eyebrows) are formed as a result of contraction of facial mimic muscles.The frown lines cause angry facial expression, forehead and the crows feet cause an old and tired expression.
In these parts of the face, a tired, angry and sad facial expression can be minimized by blocking facial contractions of the mimic muscles.
Anti-wrinkle injections area on the face:
- Forehead lines that cause tired and old expression
- Frown lines that cause angry expression
- Wrinkles around the eyes (crows feet)
- Fine lines on the upper lips (smoker lines)
- Lifting the eyebrows
- Correction of Gummy smiles (excessive gingival display)
- Chin Dimples
- Masseter Muscle for teeth grinding and face slimming (Chewing muscle)
What are the benefits of anti-wrinkle injections?
- Helps smoothen the wrinkles of the face
- Prevents new wrinkles
- The result can be seen in 10 days
- It is an easy and quick procedure.
We are telling the facts in response to 10 Common Myths:
- The face cannot be worse after the effect of the anti-wrinkle injection is over.
- The anti-wrinkle injections cannot leave your face frozen. You can use your facial expression less than before. Facial expressions do not disappear permanently.
- The drug used for anti-wrinkle treatment that is approved by the FDA is a very safe procedure.
- The anti-wrinkle treatment does not contain a real toxin. It can be described as a neurotoxic protein.
- Dynamic lines are treated by anti-wrinkle injections. It does not work for Static lines.
- The anti-wrinkle injections are not painful. That can be described as a lunchtime treatment, just 15 minutes.
- The effect of anti-wrinkle injection is not immediately seen.
- The anti-wrinkle treatment is a temporary procedure.
The Anti-wrinkle Treatment Process:
- The area is cleaned with an antiseptic solution.
- The numbing cream is applied before the injections.
- The drug is injected intramuscularly on your skin in small quantities.
- It takes 15 minutes.
What is the duration of the anti-wrinkle injections?
The anti-wrinkle injections are a temporary procedure. The duration of anti-wrinkle injection varies depending on the wrinkle density and muscle strength in people. The effect lasts from 3 to 4 months. However, having anti-wrinkle injections on a regular basis can prolong this period.
When can I see the result of anti-wrinkle injections?
The effect will start in 7 days and the final result can be seen after 2 weeks.
What is the side effect of the anti-wrinkle injections?
- The anti-wrinkle treatment has no permanent side effects. There may be a temporary swelling and sometimes slight bruising after the injections. These effects usually disappear within 4-5 hours.
- Some patients may have a temporary headache that usually subsides within the first 24 hours and can be treated with painkillers.
- Slight asymmetries may sometimes be seen in the first week of the treatment. This can be corrected by top up if necessary.
- A droopy eyelid (ptosis) and eyebrow, double vision (diplopia) are seen in 0,1-0,2 % of patients having anti-wrinkle treatment. This is temporary and lasts for 4 weeks. It can be treated with special eye drops.
|6 Steps of Your Anti-wrinkle Treatment Journey with Dr Elif:|
1. Read the information carefully on this page.
2. Scroll down to book your appointment.
3. Appointment details will be sent via e-mail after booking your appointment.
4. We will send you an email 24 hours before your treatment to remind your appointment.
5. The day before your appointment, we will send you the detailed address information.
6. After having your treatment, your post-treatment care is followed by Dr Elif.
*There is no charge for a top-up in 15 days.
The Anti-wrinkle Treatment Aftercare:
- Keep your head upright as much as possible and do not touch the area for 6 hours after the treatment.
- Do not engage in any strenuous exercise straight after the treatment (24 hours recommend)
- Avoid exposure to heat (hot baths, showers) for 24 hours as this will cause the product to move towards unwanted muscles.
- Do not do massage.
- Do not apply to make up for a minimum of 8 hours. This can risk infection in the injected area.
- Avoid any gardening or hoovering or any activity where you head will be down for 24-48 hours.
- Avoid activities with high pressure such as driving or flying for 72 hours.
- Avoid any form of facial treatment or massage to avoid the product spreading to adjacent muscles where it might cause the eyelid to droop.
- No facials, eyebrow shape or laser treatment on face for 2 weeks.