WHAT IS MICRONEEDLING?
Microneedling is a method that most dermatologists use to treat different skin conditions. It is a skin treatment procedure that involves an electric skin-needling device. The device contains 12 very fine needles. It is used to break down old scar tissue and stimulates skin cell generation. Cell production leads to the creation of new layers of elastin and collagen fibre and leads to improved blood flow in the skin.
HOW DOES MICRONEEDLING WORK?
The device slides along the skin and penetrates upper layers of the skin to a depth of up to 2mm to create tiny needle wounds. This signals the body to respond by producing collagen and elastin fibers. As a result, control skin injuries and rejuvenate skin with a micro-needling therapy that alleviates the reduction of scars while improving hydration, skin texture, firmness, and oil control.
Microneedling treatments have proven to be effective as laser treatments and chemical peels in stimulating the production of collagen and elastin.
Microneedling can significantly improve the appearance of:
- Tightening of sagging facial skin
- Smooths out fine lines & wrinkles
- Reduces pore size
- Evens out your skin tone
- Dramatic fading of acne scars and pigmentation
- Skin pigmentation issues
- Stretch marks
- Loose skin, such as after weight loss or liposuction
WHAT DOES THE PROCEDURE INVOLVE?
It begins with cleaning and numbing the area. A small pen with 12 tiny needles is used to create tiny wounds in the skin. The speed and adjustability of the needles allows for more effective absorption of skin products. We can use microneedling to deposit medication, such as topical tretinoin or vitamin C, deeper into the skin. This can boost the treatment of a variety of issues, including acne scarring.
WHAT WILL I LOOK LIKE AFTER THE TREATMENT?
Most people will notice redness and mild swelling similar to a slight sunburn for 24-48 hours and there may be slight pinpoint bleeding and/or bruising. Skin will be noticeably smoother and more radiant within a week or two weeks. Full results will take a few months to appear.
6 Steps of Your Treatment Journey with Dr Elif:
1. Read the information carefully on this page.
2. Scroll down to book your appointment.
3. Appointment details will be sent via e-mail after booking your appointment.
4. We will send you a reminder email 24 hours before your treatment to remind your appointment.
5. After having your treatment, your post-treatment care is followed by Dr Elif.
6. You are in safe hands! Enjoy your new look!