ACNE AND ACNE SCAR TREATMENT
Acne breakouts can be frustrating, and they can also leave scars on the face and other areas of the body.
Acne scars are permanent depressions and they can result from cystic acne (big, red and tender pimples) or inflamed pustular acne (whitish pus-filled pimples), especially if you pick/pop your pimples.
There are two types of acne scars:
1.Atrophic acne scars:
Atrophic acne scars appear as depressions in the skin. The 3 main categories of atrophic scars are;
Ice pick scars: Deeper than they are wide, with a narrow opening.
Boxcar scars: Broad, rectangular depressions with steep, defined edges.
Rolling scars: Broad depressions that have rounded, sloping edges.
2. Hypertrophic Scars
Acne marks are also known as post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH). These dark coloured spots are left behind after a pimple. These spots can also be red (post-inflammatory erythema). They usually disappear on their own within 4-8 months.
Several treatments are available to help reduce acne scars. I may recommend different procedures depending on a person’s skin type and the extent of the scarring.
6 Steps of Your treatment Journey with Dr Elif:
1. Read the information carefully on this page.
2. Scroll down to book your appointment.
3. Appointment details will be sent via e-mail after booking your appointment.
4. We will send you a reminder email 24 hours before your treatment to remind your appointment.
5. After having your treatment, your post-treatment care is followed by Dr Elif.
6. You are in safe hands! Enjoy your new look!