What is the treatment of ” Excessive Sweating”?
Btx injections are a new treatment option for people with excessive sweating. It works by blocking the nerves responsible for activating your sweat glands. Normally, your nervous system activates your sweat glands when your body temperature rises. This is how your body automatically cools itself. In people with excessive sweating, the sweat glands are overactive.
When you receive Btx injections directly into the area of your body that commonly sweats, your overactive nerves are essentially paralyzed. When your nerves can not signal your sweat glands, you do not sweat. However, Btx only prevents sweating in the specific area where it is injected.
What are the benefits of treatment?
– It is easy and quick procedure.
– It takes 20 minutes.
– There is no major side effect.
– The dryness lasts for up to 14 months.
– No need to use the antiperspirant deodorant.
Where is it used?
* Underarm sweating
* Hand Area (Palmar)
* Feet Area
Where can I see the result and how long does it last for?
Results start to be noticeable approximately 7 to 10 days after treatment with the full effects usually noted within 2 weeks. Dryness typically lasts 4 to 12 months.
Treatment Process :
Topical numbing cream is used before the procedure. Each area will be marked with a skin marker pen; followed by a series of small injections into the skin. The needles are very fine and the amount injected each time is tiny. Although there is some stinging to the area, the whole procedure takes approximately 20 minutes and not too uncomfortable.
COVID-19 UPDATE :
* When you arrive the clinic you will be provided with a surgical mask to wear.
* Your body temperature will be checked by a no contact thermometer.
* You will be offered hand-wash, disinfectant gel and wearing gloves is optional.
* We will come along with you in order to provide you do not touch any surfaces.
* We will regularly clean door handles and shared surfaces with a powerful virucidal throughout the day.
* We are limiting the number of clients during the day. There will be more than half an hour between clients in order to clean surfaces and ventilate the room.
* There will be no waiting area to reduce contact between patients. You will be accepted directly to the treatment.
* Any patients who are feeling unwell or displaying symptoms are advised not to attend the appointment.
* We accept contacless payment and you will be informed the payment methods before your appointment.